Learning Economics with Dynamic Modelling
Permanent URI for this community
The collection of materials of the conferences is devoted to studying of actual tendencies and challenges of modern economic development using System Dynamics approach. The collection is intended for scientists, economists, as well as graduate students and students of higher educational institutions. In papers of professors, school teachers, students and researchers the wide range of financial and economic issues are analyzed. The use of the method of System Dynamics in these works solves its polarization in Ukraine at different levels of education.
Browsing Learning Economics with Dynamic Modelling by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 77
Results Per Page
- ItemApplication of system dynamics in the field of management consulting and strategic management(2020) Galytska, Eleonora; Primierova, OlenaComputer technologies are currently one of the most important aspects of economic and mathematical modeling. The high rates of their development have now led to the emergence of many software tools that allow to create computer models of socio-economic processes. With a sufficiently deep knowledge of the behavior of a real system and the correct presentation of the initial information, simulation models are characterized by a greater proximity to the real system than analytical and numerical models. With the help of simulation modeling and the corresponding modern software tools, it is possible to create even those models that cannot be formulated using traditional methods. In addition, simulation allows to create models of those systems with which experiments in real life are impossible.
- ItemApplication of system dynamics methods in modeling and forecasting the volume of bank lending(2022) Hlushchenko, Svitlana; Ivakhnenkov, SergiyProceeding of 4th Annual Research Conference "System Dynamics in Economic and Financial Models", December 10, 2021, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- ItemApproach to modeling the action of transmission mechanism through the interest rates of commercial banks(2018) Naumenko, OlhaProceedings of the 1st Research Conference "Conference System Dynamics Modeling for Public and Corporate Finance: Background and Opportunities" (December 10, 2018 Kyiv, Ukraine).
- ItemApproach to modeling the main factors that influence the funding structure of commercial banks(2018) Ushchenko, MarynaProceedings of the 1st Research Conference "Conference System Dynamics Modeling for Public and Corporate Finance: Background and Opportunities" (December 10, 2018 Kyiv, Ukraine).
- ItemBuilding of price and income models for Ukraine using system dynamic method(2018) Bilyk, Makar-MarianProceedings of the 1st Research Conference "Conference System Dynamics Modeling for Public and Corporate Finance: Background and Opportunities" (December 10, 2018 Kyiv, Ukraine).
- ItemConceptual frameworks of credit systems modelling by means system dynamics tools(2020) Kaminskyi, Andrii; Petrovskyi, OleksiiModern credit market is a complex system with rapidly increasing dynamic. This raises many interdependencies between constituent elements of this system. On of such component is set of interdependencies between market conditions and banks performance. Basically, banks develop their credit strategies in accordance of credit market conditions. But when banks realize their strategies it is changing the condition of the market with some delay in time. It is classical systemic effect. Typically changes concern to following market characteristics: Average deposit rate; Average time for issuing loan; Average interest rate; Number of potential borrowers; Average banks’ profitability.
- ItemA Dynamic Analysis of the key destabilizing factors on the Ukrainian labor market. Wage management(2020) Donkohlova, Tetiana; Shportyuk, VolodymyrThe state of the labor market is one of the socio-economic parameters that have a significant effect on the development and competitiveness level of the national economy. Labor market plays an important role in ensuring the success of market reforms, especially in the emerging economies such as Ukraine. Moreover, current state of the Ukrainian labor market is also affected by complex political and economic situation and may be generally characterized by a continuous recession and financial imbalances. In spite of a sufficiently wide range of studies dedicated to the analysis of the Ukrainian labor market stability, most papers are more focused just on the statistical analysis and general overview of the market trends. However, dynamic nature of both labor market itself and socio-economic stability of Ukraine requires conducting more comprehensive scientific researches, in particular by applying System Dynamics approach.
- ItemDynamic approach to monetary policy effects modeling in Ukraine(2020) Nasachenko, Mariia; Lytvyn, AntonBy pursuing a balanced and rational monetary policy, the National Bank aims to ensure stable prices, which protects incomes and savings from their depreciation. However, this was not always the case, for example until 2016 in Ukraine the main purpose of the NBU was to keep the exchange rate constant, but in 2013-2014, the National Bank decided to switch to inflation targeting (IT), which proved its effectiveness in many countries of the world. The new monetary regime has changed the power of the transmission mechanism, in particular the interest rate channel and the inflation expectation channel have become more significant and perhaps one of the key ones in passing the change in the key policy rate to real sector and inflation.
- ItemEconomic costs of the Ukrainian conflict in Donbass(2020) Tsvyk, Khrystyna; Fliud, VolodymyrThe Donbass war has taken a severe toll on Ukraine, claiming over ten thousand casualties and triggering a severe economic recession. Yet, to the best of our knowledge, there is no empirical evidence on the overall costs incurred by Ukraine as a result of the war. Thus, the goal of this paper is to start filling this gap by quantifying Ukraine’s economic indicators foregone due to the Donbass war.
- ItemEconomic costs of the Ukrainian conflict in Donbass: price sector(2020) Hnatiuk, Oleksandr; Kyrylych, VolodymyrThe main purpose of this research is to give the answer for the next question: what could be the economic situation of Ukraine without war? For this, authors built the model in which considered three economic sectors: Capital, Labor and Price. The model can run in two modes: historic (with war since 2014) and experimental (without war). In historic mode, stocks take on the initial values that existed in the particular historical year in which the simulation begins (2006). In the experimental model, authors assume that there is no war and we use self-predicted data from 2014 to 2019.
- ItemElectric Vehicles Popularity in Norway(2019) Orliuk, Valentina; Yermolova, DariaProceeding of 2nd Research Conference "Complex socio-economic systems and dynamic modelling", December 9, 2019.
- ItemThe explanatory system dynamics model for on-going research of financial stability of local budgets in Ukraine(2022) Zenchenko, Anastasiia; Feucht, IsabelProceeding of 4th Annual Research Conference "System Dynamics in Economic and Financial Models", December 10, 2021, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- ItemFactors of growing shadow economy in Ukraine, policies to reduce it(2020) Hlushchenko, Viktoriia; Klimchenko, VladyslavObject of this investigation is a growing dynamic of the shadow economy in Ukraine from 2005 to 2018.
- ItemHow the excise tax influences the smoking prevalence in Ukraine(2022) Maksymiuk, Vladyslav; Novotarska, YevheniiaProceeding of 4th Annual Research Conference "System Dynamics in Economic and Financial Models", December 10, 2021, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- ItemThe impact of remittances on the nation's wealth and business development in the country of origin(2020) Novik, Alina; Sysa, MarynaThe relevance of this study is to form an understanding of the impact of migrant remittances inflow on the development of society and the economic climate of their countries of origin.
- ItemImpact of tax rate on the GDP level in two countries: system dynamics model(2018) Hnatiuk, OleksandrProceedings of the 1st Research Conference "Conference System Dynamics Modeling for Public and Corporate Finance: Background and Opportunities" (December 10, 2018 Kyiv, Ukraine).
- ItemImpacts of food system initiatives on farming business resilience(2022) Surovets, Viktoriia; Kathelijne, Bax; Furkan, Önal; Pei Shan, Loo; Mehdi, SmairyProceeding of 4th Annual Research Conference "System Dynamics in Economic and Financial Models", December 10, 2021, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- ItemThe importance of quarantine in Ukraine during Covid-19 pandemic(2022) Verbovskyy, Danylo; Kozytskyi, ValeriiProceeding of 4th Annual Research Conference "System Dynamics in Economic and Financial Models", December 10, 2021, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- ItemMain macroeconomic factors of changes in budget revenues in modern conditions(2020) Panchenko, Nataliia; Mertens, AlexanderThe formation of budget revenues in Ukraine is the most important component of the entire process of managing the budgetary system. According to the Budget Code, budget revenues are understood as tax, non-tax and other revenues on a non-refundable basis, the collection of which is provided for by the legislation of Ukraine (including transfers, fees for the provision of administrative services, own revenues of budgetary institutions). The instability of the economic environment leads to the need for a more detailed and in-depth study of the processes taking place in the framework of budget revenue management.
- ItemModeling national income response to external shocks in Ukraine(2020) Orlovska, Oleksandra; Riabtsun, YevhenTo provide valid academic researches or implement proper policy, it is crucial to understand the behavior of the economy as a complex model. In our work we discover the impact of expenditure shock on open economy Simple Keynesian Model.